Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Welcome Nichelle Gregory


I'm tickled this week to have the pleasure of sharing my blog with the amazing Nichelle Gregory, a fellow author with Total E-Bound. 

Nichelle is offering a treat for you all this week. One lucky blog reader will win a copy of her book, As You Wish. So, make sure you read all of this post to find the question Nichelle asks and how she wants you to answer.

1. What genre would you like to try that you haven’t yet?
I love all things sci-fi! I've got several sci-fi tales on my WIP docket!

2.  Most people envision an author’s life as being really glamorous. What’s your take on this? Can you tell us something unglamorous you did within the last week or so?
Being an author is anything but glamorous. Well, I guess there must be glamorous moments for huge authors like J.K. Rowling, but in reality, there are just a lot of long (hopefully) solitary moments at your computer as you work to tell the stories your characters whisper in your ears.

A totally unglamorous moment you ask...hmm...probably writing a sexy scene with my mud mask on!

3. Plotter or pantzer?
I'm definitely a minimalist in the plotting department. I don't want to know every single scene ahead of time! I always start with a story idea. I generate character sketches, names, personality traits and quirks. I pin down the setting, grab photos or anything else to help sync what's in my head to what I want to bring to life on paper (screen). I always know where I want the story to end. From there, I let my characters do as they like as the tale unfolds while I type!

4.  What do you do when you’re suffering writers block?
Grrr! It never last very long. I find after I finish and submit a work, I need a little down time. My muse takes a break for a few days and I usually catch up on my ever growing TBR list or my neglected DVR!

5.  What would you like to share with new writers? Any suggestions or advice?
Don't think you're going to make it big over night. This business is changing faster than a cat can lick its fur and you've got to try and keep up by staying connected. Know what's going on in whatever writing niche you're into.

Be ready and willing to pull up your sleeves and write, submit, promote, write, submit, promote...you get the idea!

Don't be afraid to reach out to authors in the genre you want to become published in. I was amazed by how many authors were willing to answer a question or point me in the right direction when I first got started.

Don't let ANYONE discourage you if you truly have a story to tell and share. Get a critique partner (not your mom), or join a critique group and submit your work! It doesn't matter how many stories you've got stored on your hard drive or written in a notebook if you don’t put your work out there!

6. If you could be a character in any of your books who would it be and why?
Definitely, Zori from Taken By Surprise! She's fierce! She knows what she wants and goes after it with gusto! Plus, she can fly! J

7. If you could change one thing that you have written, what would it be?
I wouldn't change anything and that's not because I think my work is perfect. There isn't a story I have published that I haven't gone back and said, "I wish I had of added this or why didn't I see this word I used one too many times." But, I believe my body of work is like my life and each page I've written or experience I've had has helped me grow as person and a writer.

8.  If you found that, for one reason or another, you couldn’t write anymore, what would you like to do instead?
I majored in music, so I would throw myself fully into that or try my hand at painting. I would truly be heartbroken if I couldn't write anymore, but I would find some other creative outlet to express myself.

9.  When you wake up in the morning, what celebrity do you most resemble?
Ha ha! Tina Turner! The hair...lol. Plus, "you'd better be good to me." At least until I've had my first cup of coffee! J

10. Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Totally in love! My husband is my biggest supporter and fan. He has my heart fully and completely!

*Contest time!!*

Here's Nichelle's question:

You've got a hot genie ready to grant you ONE wish...what would it be? And no, you can't ask for more wishes! :-)

Answer the question here, on my blog, and make sure you supply an email address so Nichelle can contact you. Good luck!

And now for a very sexy little teaser from As You Wish, Nichelle's newest TEB release:

As You Wish
by Nichelle Gregory
publisher: Total E-Bound

Blurb:
A race against time to save her physic mother from supernatural forces leaves Karis, a novice clairvoyant, no choice but to trust a very sexy genie granting three wishes and an offer to help her tap into her psychic abilities...if she'll come willing to his bed.

Excerpt:
With her eyes still closed, Karis kept chanting the mantra, “This isn’t real, this isn’t happening.” If she said it enough times, it would have to be true.

“Oh, yes, I am real and this is definitely happening.” A deep voice filled the room.
Her eyes flew open and for the second time in less than twenty-four hours, she screamed. 

A strange man stood in her living room within arm’s reach! He towered above her, standing well over six feet with rich mahogany skin and a thick muscular build. Her gaze dipped to his bare chest and tapered waist. Ripped oblique muscles disappeared beneath the loose white pants riding low on his hips. Heat flooded her cheeks as she tore her eyes from his torso back to his face.

He held her shocked gaze with the most beautiful hazel eyes she had ever seen. He had the chiselled profile that would inspire fantasies and fantastic works of art. From the crown of his bald head to the soles of his bare feet, his bold features set him apart from the average male. He exuded confidence, evidenced in his relaxed stance and the cool sexy smile directed at her. A stylish goatee encircled his full lips and she couldn’t stop her eyes from travelling over the rest of his rock hard body. She took in every detail from his strong jaw line, thick neck, and the most impressive set of abs on full display. He was sexy as hell, but his sex appeal did nothing to calm her racing heart or the stark realisation she needed to call her doctor now. 

“Oh, my God,” she whispered again, feeling light-headed. 

The gorgeous apparition chuckled, flashing a perfect smile. “Not quite, but I get that a lot.”

She was losing her mind, hallucinating now in broad daylight. 

“Tell me, how I may serve you?” The rich sound of his voice flowed over her like a warm summer breeze. 

At least she was hallucinating about a hot guy and not the hideous creature in her dreams. She sucked in a breath as the half-naked man approached her and the entire room began to spin. 

“No,” Karis whispered. She took one faltering step backwards and fainted.

As You Wish is available now with Total E-Bound Publishing!

Author Bio:
Nichelle Gregory has been in love with books and writing since middle school. A lover of the arts, she enjoys anything that embraces the creative nature within us all. Bringing believable characters to life that thrill and excite her readers is a challenge that continues to push Nichelle. She loves creating stories involving super sexy alpha heroes with divine heroines in magical, exotic, and fantastic scenarios.

So, gone on . . . Indulge your secret fetishes and desires!  
Visit her website http://www.nichellegregory.com


Where you can find the lovely Nichelle:
website: www.nichellegregory.com
blog: www.simplysexystories.blogspot.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nichellegregory
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nichellegregory
tumblr: http://nichellegregory.tumblr.com/

No comments: