Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Welcome Trinity Blacio

This week, I've got the pleasure of sharing my blog with the lovely and talented Trinity Blacio, who also, it seems, goes by the moniker Maria MoonStar, which I find very sexy. Please give Trinity a warm welcome and let her know you've check out her 'stuff'.


1.  How long have you been writing? What inspired you to pick the pen up one day and create characters that capture the imagination?
My writing really started while doing genealogy research and taking some college classes. I have been published in genealogy magazines, local newspapers, and of course, college papers of which one was published in our local paper. But to write fiction, the idea was brought up by my mother when she actually read my autobiography I wrote for a college class; hence some of the things she read she had no idea had happened to me. That was over nine years ago ,now and I haven’t stopped writing since.

2.  What influenced you to get published? How long did it take? Can you tell us the name of your first published work?
My first fiction story was a sweet romance. I learned of the call on a help group that Faith
Bicknell-Brown was running on Yahoo; she was also editing the anthology, so One Touch, One Glance A Collection of Sweet Romance Stories was born. My story, Tuesday’s Affair, was the hardest and most challenging story I have ever written to date, which is published at Freya’s Bower. Faith worked with a number of us that were first timers, and she had the huge, rolled-up newspaper she always threatened to whack us with! I’m smiling here, because she still throws things at me when she helps me with editing. I can just hear her now, cussing from across the state. An amazing woman and talented, just don’t get on her bad side because she has a wicked right hook.

3. What genre would you like to try that you haven’t yet?
I have two that I would love to try: historical and cowboys! I love cowboys, even though we did do Cowboy Rubies I want to explore the wild west further, and I would love to write a few stories back in time when rakes where plentiful—boy would I have fun.

4.  Most people envision an author’s life as being really glamorous. What’s your take on this? Can you tell us something unglamorous you did within the last week or so?
I have to laugh at this question. About a week ago, I had a gentlemen ask me why I did so much work promoting my work. He said, “Didn’t you get your advance?” I asked him what he thought my advance was. He thought most authors got a nice check, a couple thousand each book. I laughed my butt off and proceeded to tell him all the things authors have to do to get paid. He was flabbergasted and said I just dashed his ideas of writing again. As far as something unglamorous right now, I’m sitting here in a rocking chair my mother bought me from a garage sale, my furniture all comes from garage sales or family members. I drive a van that has over a hundred and forty-seven thousand miles on it that I know of. You see the dash board went kaput in it, so I don’t know how fast I drive, the odometer stopped turning, and the gas needle…,well let’s just say I don’t dare go under a quarter tank of gas. I’m hoping with October royalties I will have enough for a down payment for a new car, but we’ll see. Since husband had a major heart attack two weeks ago, (he’s fine now) leaving us without any money.  So if you want glamorous, you would have to go to the big-name authors, Christine Feehen, Sherryln Kenyon, and so on.

5. If you could be a character in any of your books who would it be and why?
Suzanne in Dragon’s Den. As a matter of fact, I put a lot of myself in that one story. She even carries my real name, Suzanne. Do I have a dream of having two me?, What woman wouldn’t? I’m not ashamed to admit it, but will it come true? Most likely not, so I keep dreaming and writing. Suzanne is strong, goes for what she wants, and will not back down.

6.  What would you like to share with new writers? Any suggestions or advice?
Join my group The Publishing Trove. If you have a question and I don’t know the answer, someone will. NEVER give up on your dream; it might take a while, but one day it will come true, so believe.

7. Looking over the past year, what has been the best moment for you in your writing career?
Meeting Lori Perkins at Lori Foster’s convention. I have never met a wonderful woman with so much energy and ideas. I don’t know how she does it; she worksg non-stop every minute of the day.  Smart, funny ,and she believes in me. Love you, Lori!

8. If you could invite any famous person, dead or alive, for dinner, who would it be and what would you eat?
Hmm, this is a hard one, but one that sticks in my head right now is Mark Twain. My mom just introduced me to his later writings. Where many thought of him as insane in reality he was way ahead of his time. I see a dinner, maybe on a steamboat on the Mississippi in the spring time. Just picking his brain would be so fun.

9. If you had one wish, would you give away? Why or why not and to whom would you give it?
I guess I would give it to my best friend, Faith. Of all the people I’ve met moving from state to state with my mom, Faith would have to be one of the most giving people I’ve met. I would give her my wish, because I know she would not only use the wish to help herself, but others also, and if anyone a break in life it would be her.

10.  What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
To me success would be my kids in college and doing well with their lives, enough money where I could travel to the places I would love to write about in my stories, and to at least live out one of my many fantasies. If I have all three of these then I know my life has been a success. It does not matter how I would get there as long as I got there. If it takes me writing non-stop at least my kids will have a future, they will not have to worry about where the next meal will come from, and they will have a loving partner by their sides and treasure her or him as I wish I had had in my life.

And here's a little more information about this intriguing woman:

Trinity Blacio has been writing now professionally for over nine years. Currently, she has titles available from Freya’s Bower and Ravenous Romance, with more to come. She is always excited to be writing, hearing from readers, and helping fellow authors.

One of Trinity’s strongest beliefs is that no matter how small or big an author is, he or she should always support others in the profession. With this idea in mind, she has created a place where authors, editors, publishers, and anyone in the publishing business can come together to help each other.


She has two children Cheyenne and Rudy. When Trinity has time, you can find her reading all sorts of romance novels. But as you have probably figured out, her favorites are dark fantasy, erotica, ménage, and erotic horror.

And now to the sexy fun stuff. The book Trinity has chosen to share with us is called Summer of the Beast. Sends shivers up my spine! Read on:

Summer of the Beast
which includes the stories:
Independence Day Union 
Surrender to Frankenstein
by Trinity Blancio
Publisher: Ravenous Romance
Blurb:

When they say summer is hot, they aren't kidding, but it's sizzling as far as Violet Vanworth and Whitnee Rae are concerned. Especially when the men around them have enough testosterone to melt the North Pole!

All Whitnee Rae wanted was one night of hot sex. Instead, she ends up bitten by a werewolf on the run! And her rescuer happens to be the one and only Frankenstein. Could her summer fling get any weirder?

Violet Vanworth has just buried her mother, and for the first time in her life, she's free. There are no guards and no one telling her what to do. Packing her stuff, she moves far from New York to begin a new life, but fate intercedes. Once more, Violet is surrounded by people who place her in bubble wrap and set her on a shelf - until she is informed that the four breathtaking, built and alpha men were her mates and now they just want her in their bed!


Excerpt from, Independence Day Union:

“Well, then, you must have fools for men in New York,” he teased and stepped back.

Violet laughed. “Creeps, more like.” She turned to Kelvin, who moved in front of her and kissed both of her cheeks. “I have to agree with Salvador. You are a beauty. It’s New York’s loss and our gain to have you here.”

She fanned her face. “You guys sure know how to make a girl’s head spin. Let me go grab my jacket and purse.” Violet nodded to the bikes. “I take it we’re going for a ride?” She laughed and moved to the porch, glancing over her shoulder at the three hunks.

All three of them stared at her, their gazes traveling up and down her body. “Oh, we’ll be going for a ride many times,” Landon said.

“You are very bad, Mr. Drews.” Violet shook her head and grabbed her jacket and purse, taking a deep breath. Violet had a feeling that when she got home tonight, her small toy was going to get a nice workout.


You can find Trinity on Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, and of course at her website: http://trinityblacio.com
Maria MoonStar: http://mariamoonstar.com



3 comments:

trinity said...

Jude I had this blog marked and totally forgot about it. So expect some to stop by today. Thank you so much for having me!
Trinity

Jude Mason said...

Hi Trinity. Sorry you missed yesterday, but life goes on. It's wonderful to have you here!

Hugs

trinity said...

I'm been so busy trying to get my Halloween and Christmas stories out I forget everything else, jeez.
Trinity