Monday, August 06, 2007

And now it's all about me, in the 413 Remembrance Lane anthology

And here's a little about me and the story I have in this amazing anthology. Check it out folks


1. Tell us a little bit about your characters in "Of Death and Desire", your story in 413 Remembrance Lane.

- Philip is the dominate one of the relationship, which might have surprised anyone who knew Jonathan well. Philip dislikes women because of a horrendous upbringing, but is kind to fems as long as he doesn't have to be close to them. When he was well, he was very much in control of his life, and adored Jonathan. Of the two, he was much more level headed.

2. How did you come up with the idea for your story?

- This is a tough one. When we first started talking about doing this antho, we'd decided to begin it in some historical past, and each successive story was to bring it closer to the present day. Two of our authors were very comfortable writing historical, thank heaven; the rest of us seemed to normally write in contemporary. At the time, I was contemplating writing a gay 'something' so I had the genre already in mind. The plot came in a flash. One man dying, the other in such mourning he'd do anything to bring his lover back. And voila, I saw it all. I just had to write it then. Oh, and make sure I didn't mess up with a few details that came from the previous story, and leave enough info for the next. It really was a fun juggling act.

3. What was your initial reaction to doing a story based around a diary and a house?

- I was interested. I loved the idea of doing the diary, a book written by several people through the years. I thought that was a great idea. The house, well that was a little more difficult. We each seemed to have an idea of what the house looked like, and sometimes our pictures didn't quite match up… LOL

4. What was the most fun part about doing this in depth of collaboration?

- For me, I had a huge amount of fun just trying to meld my story in with the others. I've never done anything like this before, and I wanted to make it as perfect as I could. The fun was when it was done and then reading it all, seeing how the stories flowed from one to the next.

5. Now that the anthology is out and hindsight has had a chance to kick in - is there anything about your story or characters you would change?

- Nope, not one thing. I loved Jonathan, he cared so much and even though he might have been the strength of the pair, he was so vulnerable in his loss. Philip was amazing. I wanted to comfort him, even though he hated women.

6. What else do you have coming out soon?

- From Phaze I have several, Aug. 27th, Amber's Toy, a BDSM tale that gives revenge a whole new meaning. October 8th, Cat's Claw, a pair of changelings find each other and learn how to live together, while hunting a poacher. December, I have a short story in Fantasy VI, called Sam, the Man, also a BDSM story, but this time with a twist. The characters are gay and the dominant isn't the big brawny dude.
7. What are you working on right now?

- A story I've tentatively titled 'The New Order'. A sci fi, alternate future, femdom something that's taken hold of me and run like crazy. Think what would happen if pollution causes mankind to become close to infertile? Think about what might happen if women take over and it's up to a man to both win a place 'under' a woman's control and pray he's fertile in order to keep it?

You can always visit Jude’s website at http://www.my-haven2001.com/ for up-to-date information.

No comments: