Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jude Mason interviews Cary Stone

MinX

The epic Rock 'n Roll Fantasy
Cary Stone & Jake Horton
Release date: August 27th.2009
Publisher: Club Lighthouse Publishing
http://www.clublighthousepublishing.com/

Hi Cary, it’s great to have you here. Care to share a little bit about yourself with the readers?

Yeah sure thing Jude, this is surrealistic, you interviewing me, kinda like a dream come true. But in my dream I wasn’t tied to this chair while you ask ze qvuestions…Huh, ouch it all went dark, Jude Jude, Oh no not that again! Okay sorry Jude let’s get on with this interview thing…

1. How long have you been writing?

Around 9 years now, a year or two before I picked you up in that dank, dark, damp archive of ERWA (Erotic readers & writers association,) and you were kind enough to reply to my comments on your works ‘The Auction’ and ‘The Scene” those 2 stories I really loved, they pushed some buttons in me that I did not know were there.

I suppose that is why I allowed you to tie me to this chair.

That ‘Auction’ of yours was I have to admit the inspiration of chapter 3 of ‘MinX’ “The order of MinX” ThanX for that, but you have always been an inspiration, a mentor and a good mate! I guess I am your child protégé then…lol! OUCH!

2. What genre do you like to write? What about read?

I started out in erotica and that still gets me going. But in recent years the erotica tends to lead into crime, gangsters, romance, some violence and physical conflict…well read MinX and you can see my development, all of the above. As has ‘Gladiatrix’ which has its 1st chapter on your website thank you! Mistress now can you please untie me I need to go pee?

What do I read? Well not real good at the joined up writing stuff but I get by with print. Sorry Jude, seriously, well I read some books by some Canadian ‘Shelia’ called Jude Mason she’s very naughty and needs a smacked ass. I put up with her, for why I have no idea. I think it is just that I am a great fan of her writing and she is such a giving soul… Also I read other stuff, I have just finished Eckhart Tolle’s book “A new Earth” It kinda summed up all of Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopera that I have been reading for the past 30 years…

3. If you could have one wish, would you give it to me?

No I wouldn’t give my one wish to you as much as I hold you dear… My one wish is that one day I can take you and Ron out to dinner drink too much wine and talk of many things…So maybe it was for you…God help us should that day ever come…

4. Do you have plans to write a second MinX novel?

You are fucking joking of course! Jake has an alternative ending to ‘MinX” which could form the start of a sequel if he chooses to go down that route himself and I am sure if he did he would do a fine job. But ‘me’ no way MinX is a done deal it’s a great tale and I learnt a fucking awful lot from you re the editing processes and your guiding and everything you taught me about writing…I also learnt a lot from Jake my collaborator that I will not go into here.

5. Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Yes with my Mini Muse of a million years. She has been the inspiration of most of my stories… The first being ‘GladiatriX” She is the most precious thing I have that I can never own…Read the complete GladiatriX and then you will know why…

6. What’s your favorite comfort food?

Sausage, bacon, pineapple, mushroom, capsicum kebabs done on the BBQ… Aussie tucker… and of course we must not forget the wine!

7. In your book MinX, which character did you really enjoy writing the most?

Danny Bannion, the debonair, smooth crime lord. He is in 2 other of my stories; I like him very much because I can relate to him thru people I have associated with… Danny is not real but once in my life I knew someone like him…’There but for the grace of God go I’

8. What’s a typical day like in the life of Cary Stone?

There is no typical day! I renovate, some days refurbish others and often get ready for weddings at the Hideaway, some nights I sit and draw a famous face or write a story or edit a story, some nights I will sit at my computer drinking fine Chardonnay until 4 in the morning doing one of the above…I just never know, I go with the flow, some nights strange Canadian folk get on my Yahoo and get on my case, I try to be kind in my sarcasm but I love em really and they know it…

9. a) What makes you laugh?

You, Your writing…Oh you mean seriously, sorry Mistress OUCH! Okay what makes me laugh…difficult question… Ahh Ahh! My grandson Ethan he makes me laugh out loud with joy to see such a new soul beginning his journey into this world and already he has embraced so much and has so many questions “What for gannad, what for” and he will have so much to offer…also ‘Two and a Half Men’ Charlie is so comical and well the Shelia’s are just well…Hot!

b) What makes you cry?

The state of my writing… Ethan when we say goodbye or he says sorry Gannad, a just turned 3year old never needs to apologize to his granddad for anything! I am old enough to know that… He is far too young to know…

10. What was the most difficult part of creating the MinX book? The easiest?

The most difficult part of creating ‘MinX’ was probably my personal attitude that developed thru sharing a plot with another author. But that is what we both signed up for so we did it regardless and I think the result was worth the war. Soon our stormy relationship started to show up in the story as the main two characters Drew and Stone fought and insulted each other and that turned into a definite positive that defined the characters. To call our relationship tempestuous would be like calling a hurricane fucking subtle.

The easiest? Jake writing the logistics and getting the band from one part of the world to the next, plus the bands performances on stage, he definitely had a forte in that dept…

11. Where did you meet your lady love?

Liverpool home of the Beatles

12. Do you have a blurb or excerpt from the book you can share with us? Make sure you have links to where it will be published and the date.

I have two blurbs I wish to share, my first is Jakes…

Serena was in her glory, belting out the familiar sexual innuendo laden lyrics.

The standing room only crowd sang the catch lines in unison. Without losing a beat Minx segued into their version of “Sisters are Doin‘ It for themselves.”

The sweet rock music soared into the Philadelphia night, sending the packed stadium wild, just as it would in the months ahead at Shea Stadium in New York and even Wembley Stadium in London.

That night, they were all on fire as they segued seamlessly into their third number, the latest song, 'Liquid Velvet' the latest of fifteen chart toppers. Riding a tsunami of popularity, it seemed the girls could do no wrong. They had been at the top of the rock pile for the last eight years. This was the first gig on their latest tour, their first world excursion the ‘Think MinX’ tour. The album, "MinX and Diamonds", had already gone Platinum, as had the previous seven.

The MinX girls could show the wild men of rock a thing or two and they had done just that in the last eight years in the fast lane of sex and drugs and rock and roll.

But what they didn't have, was someone to share a real love with. No man could keep up the pace of the MinX lifestyle. Nor, it seemed were any of them prepared to live in the shadow that MinX cast. The girls could always get all the sex they wanted, whenever they wanted it, but what they needed badly wasn't on the menu. That was tenderness and loving affection, a real relationship with a caring guy who loved them for who they were as women, not just for their notoriety. This need was starting to be plainly evident in the playlist and especially in their performance. It wasn't that it detracted from the new show, in fact, it added soul real soul that needed a healing.

That just does it for me, Jake makes the band so real and launches the story into its future… I just loved that the moment I read it.

As Jacquelyn and Serena got to the front door of the club, they could see crowds of people just twenty meters up the street. Red and blue lights were flashing and sirens could be heard approaching. A woman was screaming. Serena instantly recognised the scream and fought her way thru the crowd but Inez who threw her arms around her halted her in her tracks. “Oh Serena it’s terrible! Don’t look. It’s Crystal, poor Crystal!” Inez was distraught, her voice broken with intermittent sobs.

As she looked over Inez’s shoulder, Serena could see Danny’s black Jag overturned and smashed. Shattered windscreen shards were scattered across the asphalt, reflecting the blue and red flashing police car lights. Two of the Jags wheels were still spinning and a single headlight pierced into the crowd. There was smoke and flames wafting around the bonnet and ‘Crazy’ still surreally sounded into the night air from the sound system of the wreckage.

Danny and Johnny were frantically trying to bust open the door on the passenger side to get Crystal out. Danny wore no jacket. His crisp white shirt was soaked in blood. He was screaming out Crystal’s name and swearing at the top of his voice. Finally, they managed to wrench the door open, Danny lay on the road and crawled into the wreckage. Crystal was barely conscious and her face was covered in blood. He grasped her shoulders and attempted to pull her out. She screamed in agony as he pulled at her, but the mangled vehicle had jammed her in. Then he smelt the petrol fumes and his heart stopped as the terrible realization struck him. He screamed and cursed as he pulled at her again, this time with a newfound strength, the strength of panic, the rush of adrenalin and Bannion found the power to pull her halfway out. But the gut-wrenching scream she let out stopped him cold.

Read MinX, the whole story, the real deal at:
http://www.clublighthousepublishing.com/
on August 27th

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great interview Cary! For a moment I thought Ethan was calling you a Gonad, I guess I read that wrong. LOL He sounds like a cute little kid.

And MinX sounds very interesting, I will run to the website and check it out!

Good luck,

Jenna