Friday, April 08, 2011

Edits!!

Hey gang,

Ya know, I'm normally extremely happy to see edits arrive in my inbox. The last couple have been a little more challenging, though. Not in a bad way, don't get me wrong. I adore my editors. Their job is to help me polish my work and they do an excellent job of it.

Let's start with Sammy. I adore Sammy and when TEB showed an interest in republishing it, I was truly excited at the prospect. When my editor sent me her suggestions, I wasn't so sure. LOL She suggested the book needed to begin at a completely different place and also, the first sex scene I'd done was too long. TOO LONG! Sheesh! Okay, after picking myself up off the floor, I took a good look at my Sammy and thought...She's right. Sigh! (Don't you just hate it when you have to admit you're wrong?)

So, it took me a couple of weeks of hair pulling and miles of walking around grumbling, but I did it. I'm not sure it's right, but it's done, and I've sent the re-write to my editor. She's wonderful, she really is. She even said to send it back so it would be out of my hair. Yay!!

On to the next edit. That would be for Fertile Domain, which will be re-released with eXtasy. I had a different editor this time and I'm not sure we're a good fit. We'll see how it goes. I do adore Jay. She's incredible!  Fertile Domain needed very little fixes, so it wasn't as huge as Sammy, but it was as important. Having a book come out well polished is incredibly important to me. A publishing house that agrees with that is where I want to be.

I'm off to welcome my hubby home now. He's been away for over a week and I'm sooo looking forward to this weekend. Wink, wink!!

Have an amazing weekend yourself!

No comments: