Sunday, November 15, 2009

Countdown: Over the Moon Anthology


Over the Moon Anthology
by Victoria Blisse | Jenna Byrnes | Marie Harte | Sascha Illyvich | Jambrea Jo Jones | Aurora Rose Lynn | Jude Mason |
Publisher: Total E-Bound
Release Date: November 16.2009
Genre:
Seasonal/ Contemporary/ Paranormal/ Vampires/ Werewolves/ Shapeshifters

BUY LINK


Jenna says: I was really interested in doing a story for the Over the Moon anthology. I’ve written mostly gay books recently because I love that genre, but occasionally I like to write some hetero stuff for those readers who prefer it. The concept of werewolves intrigued me. Jude and I had done a shifter series, including wolves, but werewolves are something different. When they shift is regulated by the moon, not by their choice. They’re more primal, more feral perhaps, than the normal shifters we’ve written.

The problem, when it came time to write the thing, was getting started. I didn’t have a blasted idea in my head. Jude and I co-author books and also write individually, and we were both working on other projects. I tossed the idea out there—sort of an ‘I want to do this, but I can’t do it without you’ kind of thing. Luckily for me, she took pity and agreed to collaborate, then dove in with suggestions.

I’m not an animal person, so Jude’s love of nature and most things wild really came in handy for this story. My contribution was more to the plot and dialogue (which is my favorite part of any story. I have to remember to add some description to my conversations.)

When all is said and done, I think we pulled this one off rather nicely. I hope readers will agree.

Jude says: When I saw this call, at first I wasn’t sure about writing for it. It was an anthology and I’d told myself I was going to write something alone. It’d been a while since I’d done a single author title. The concept intrigued me, but I figured there would be other calls I’d want to write for, Total E-Bound comes up with great ideas all the time.

Then the whirlwind called Jenna struck. She really seemed interested in writing for anthology. She had come up with a tentative plot but hadn’t worked the animal aspect in very well. As I’m a huge animal/outdoorsy type, I knew we could do this together. Voila, she talked me into it, or I did. I’m never quite sure when it comes to these things.

The actual writing was great fun. It always is with Jenna. She writes faster than I do, and at times I curse her for it, but don’t tell her. Once we got the beginning, the rest of the story went like wildfire. The characters, Gareth and Sienna, are people you’d like to have as neighbors: quiet, kept to themselves and never have loud parties. I’m sure you’ll all agree once you’ve read the book.

Over the Moon Anthology: Trapped
By Jude Mason and Jenna Byrnes

Gareth and Sienna are a normal, crazy-in-love married couple, who just happen to become werewolves with the full moon. When a trio of poachers captures Sienna, Gareth does everything in his power to free her. But he knows rescuing her is not enough. If the poachers are not brought down, the very existence of the were species could be in jeopardy. He hatches a plan in which the hunters become the hunted. Will they take the bait? And who will be trapped? (m/f)

Chapter One

“Sienna, quit it.” Gareth shifted around, trying to dislodge his lady’s fingers from under his arms. He was incredibly ticklish, and she loved to torment him, especially when he was trying to watch a movie she didn’t particularly want to see. She liked her romance, he preferred action.

Tendrils of long, dark auburn hair slapped his face as Sienna straddled his thighs. “Make me!” She dug her fingers in deep, sending him into new fits of laughter.

“Damn, woman, stop it before I have to paddle your ass.” He grabbed her by the forearms and held her hands down. It took him a moment to catch his breath, and when he did, he leaned forward and ran his stubbly chin across her chest. The pale orange tank top didn’t do a thing to protect her from his day’s growth of beard, and she yelped her surprise.

“Ouch, Gareth, jeeze!” She twisted, trying to break his hold on her and failed.

“You’re not going to let me watch my movie, are you?” He nipped at her breast through the thin cotton. The soft mound pressed against his face, his nose flattened, and he inhaled deeply, taking as much of her scent as he could. She smelled amazing. Woman and animal, lust and the unmistakable aroma of desire filled his nostrils.

He suddenly wanted her. Fingers tight around her arms, he pulled them high overhead, delighting in the curve of her body. He nuzzled harder against her breast, his teeth sinking into the taut nipple. Her moan urged him to the other side where he bit and chewed on its twin.

“Movie? What movie?” she moaned in a husky whisper.

She arched her back and shoved her hips forward, grinding into him. The sweet, musky scent of her cunt rose, and in moments, his temperature soared. His cock throbbed to life, pressing against her barely covered sex, the baggy cotton shorts giving him glimpses of the curly, dark public hair he knew adorned her plump folds.

“No movie. Hold on.” Gareth slipped his free arm around her body and got to his feet. He released her arms, and they instantly went around his neck, her legs around his waist, gripping him. Holding her ass tight, he staggered towards their bedroom, ignoring the blare of the TV behind him. They passed a large window, and when he glanced outside, he saw the sky darkening.

Soon, the moon would rise.

Buy the book HERE on Monday, November 16, 2009.

No comments: