Saturday, November 28, 2009

What the pilgrims ate

Hey, I'm not a huge fan of historicals, mostly because I'm sure I'll mess up and stick something inappropriate in, either words or 'things'. I have done a couple and thought you might like to check out a really good site for what the pioneers who lived in the US and part of Canada might have been like.

Here's just a little of what I found there:

Ever wonder what foods the Vikings ate when they set off to explore the new world? How Thomas Jefferson made his ice cream? What the pioneers cooked along the Oregon Trail? Who invented the potato chip...and why?

Welcome to the Food Timeline! Food history presents a fascinating buffet of popular lore and contradictory facts. Some people will tell you it's impossible to express this topic in exact timeline format. They are correct. Most foods we eat are not invented; they evolve.

and much much more. Check it out here:
http://www.foodtimeline.org/index.html

No comments: