Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The 'Kris...errr....Jenna was bored' meme

Apparently, Kris from Kris 'N' Good Books was bored, so she created a GLBT meme which Erotic Horizon somehow managed to suck Jenna into, who then tagged me. How the hell do these things happen and why do they flow over onto me?. LOL

Unfortunately, I spend every free minute writing and promoting, and don't have as much time to read as I wish I did. So some of these answers suck. (Okay, this last bit was Jenna's message but it fits perfectly for me, so I left it.)

Rules:

1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Jenna can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.

3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)

*rubs hands together in glee*

(Jenna's cookies courtesy of Kaenar Langford!)

Questions:

1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? 20 years at least.

2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Honestly, I can't remember.

3. Are you 'out' as a reader? No.

4. Ebooks, print or both? E-books mostly.

5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? Authors make more when we buy from publishers, so publishers.

6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I don't buy enough to prove I'm a Book Slut, but I write gay erotica almost exclusively right now. Does that count ?

7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? Yes. The cover catches my interest, but if the blurb and/or isn't good, I'll walk away.

8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? No. Having had such a wide variety of reviews myself, I've come to the conclusion that reviews are just the opinion of one more reader, and not always a reader who enjoys the genre they review.

9. Who's your fave publisher? I write for Total E-Bound, Noble Romance, Phaze, loveyoudivine and A Woman's Goodnight Audio. So, them guys.

10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Jenna Byrnes and Morgan Hawke.

11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? I love science fiction/futuristic fantasy, dislike historical.

12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks. You're not? How upsetting. LOL Both have their uses. *G*

13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? It's all good for me.

14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...my eyes are glued to the page.


15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? Nope, there are only so many plots, but there are a million ways to tell the story.

16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be? Any three would be fine.

17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? Stallion's Pride by Jenna Byrnes and Jude Mason. (Works for me)

18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? Stroke of Luck, which ain't out yet, but man are you all in for a nice read this coming February.

19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? Everything. M/M is on a roll.

20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? Sadly, I haven't read about Jake, but Josh is a cutie so whatever he thinks is fine.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a smart woman. Birds of a feather flock together, eh?

Flocking back to my WIP now. *G*

Hugs,

Jenna

Bryl R. Tyne said...

I'd like to email you a list of *causes* for Mr. Studly with the tats. Let's keep 'im nekked, with reason, and for a while, a L O N G while!

Erotic Horizon said...

Yup what Jenna said -... you two have been hanging out together too long...

I love your futuristic books - Jacobs Pony - still high marks with me...

I remember seeing that top pic awhile ago and the first thing I thought was "Dear God! - there is a god..."

How hot is he - he can oil up in front of my motor anytime...


Thanks for playing along -I know it's a busy time for your guys...

I also agree with you about reviewer/readers reviewing M/M books who actually don't understand the genre - I have seen alot of that recently..

E.H>

Kris said...

Yay to smexy guys with tatts! Very nice indeed. *g*

I love sci fi/futuristic too. I'm crossing my fingers that we get a whole lot more of it in 2010.

Jude, thanks heaps for doing the meme! It's terrific of you. :)