Thursday, August 09, 2007

413 Remembrance Lane author, Emma Wildes


Emma Wildes

1. Tell us a little bit about your characters in "An Extraordinary Request", your story in 413 Remembrance Lane.

Henri Duclos is a man with a painful secret. His wife, Serena, is the only one who knows his agonizing problem until they share the truth with a visiting friend. The bargain made after the revelation shows Arthur’s depth of friendship, Serena’s love for her husband, and Henri’s willingness to sacrifice almost anything for his pride.

2. How did you come up with the idea for your story?

The challenge of the diary is it exists to help what seems impossible come true. My characters needed that kind of intervention and their personal crisis was beginning to ruin their lives. I asked myself what would make a well-to-do couple like Serena and Henri reach that point.

3. Now that the anthology is out and hindsight has had a chance tokick in - is there anything about your story or characters you wouldchange?

I don’t think so.

4. What else do you have coming out soon?

I believe right now I have thirty-four published/contracted works under three different names. I am grateful and delighted to work with several different publishers and have six more books due out this year and more in 2008. It’s wonderful because I get to do what I want to do and that is write!

5. What are you working on right now?

A story for a Phaze collection, a fable and a sequel novel for Siren Publishing, a short story by request for a special Whiskey Creek Collection to celebrate their anniversary, and another novel for a collection that will have a large print only run and be nationally distributed in major bookstores. I am excited about all of the projects and flattered to be included.

You can always visit Emma’s website at www.emmawildes.com for up-to-date information.


No comments: