Sunday, October 05, 2008

Dropping in for an evening ...

Evening everyone. I'd like to thank my buddy Jude for inviting me to post on her blog.

My name's Michelle Houston, and like Jude I am an erotica/erotic romance author.

I was thinking about doing a post on writing, or something to do with author's website etc. But at the last minute, ie as I am writing this right now, I changed my mind. I've been thinking for a while now about all of those things we always tell ourselves we will try to get to and just never do. It's something I have been pondering since I worked on a story called Sands of Time, about a woman who finds out she has inoperable cancer. Things work out for her in the end, but life just isn't like that.

Then the latest Morgan Freeman/Jack Nickleson movie, The Bucket List, rekindled the thought.

An upcoming birthday has it swirling in the back of my mind and it seems like everything keeps reminding me. A TV show last night mentioned a characters Bucket List (which for those that don't know is basically all the things someone wants to do in life before they kick the bucket).

So I was wondering, what kinds of things are on other people's bucket lists?

For me, it would be seeing Egypt and touring the pyramids. Visiting Japan and meditating in a Zen garden. Visiting Scotland and seeing where my ancestors once lived. Visiting every major zoo in the world. Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef. Going to the Galapogos Islands, and following the path of Darwin, then visiting his grave. The list goes on ... and is generally kinda geeky in nature.

Then there are the kinky things. : ) Watching two attractive men make love, in person (no videos). Wearing a strap-on with a guy. And with a girl. Scared yet? LOL I'd like to make love in the back of a limo. I'd like to have oral sex performed on me in a dark corner of a night club, or be brought to orgasm while out on the dance floor.

Again, the list goes on ...

So my question is, what kinds of things would be on your all's bucket list? Setting money aside, it's no object. I look forward to reading your responces, if you're daring enought to share.

Michelle Houston
www.michellehouston.com

9 comments:

Saroya said...

I have seen Egypt, but I would like to go again. Been to Japan, and a few other places. Maybe we can do Scotland together, My great grandfather was from Aberdeenshire.

Actually, I would love to live in England/Scotland for the summer.

Unknown said...

Visit: Egypt, Scotland, Ireland (I understand we have a family castle there), Stonehenge, Hawaii for starters...

Find a good guy that wants me too...Then the sex stuff..I seem to have a lot of fantasies in that realm but I'm not into majorly alpha guys in that area, I have other ideas. GRIN

Live long enough to see grandkids. I'm a late in life mommy and was 34 when I had Adrian.

D. Musgrave said...

Now that's what I call a bucket list!

What's on mine? Well, for the more mundane things: Ride a motorcycle across the Austrialian Outback, ride a dirt bike down the full length of Baja California, visit my father's homeland, Latvia, go on an Alaskan cruise, to name a few.

As for the more intimate side of my list, I'll just go with finding a partner to share and explore mine and their fantasies.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Travel to Ireland and Scotland to visit all the old castles....as well as Stonehenge in England.

As for the sexy side....

Desirée Lee said...

Like everyone else responded, there are numerous places in the world I would love to visit, as well as many in my own country too.

As for the sexy bucket list, there are several situations I've read about, written about but never actually tried. I'd try a threesome with a female and a male. I would like to have a sub all for myself (selfish aren't I?). I'd like to get into the Mile High Club. There are some other fetishes I'd like to explore with a willing accomplice, I mean partner.

Of course all those things would entail having someone in my life which isn't the case at the moment. Who knows what the future may hold though.

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

Unknown said...

Des, we think alike. I understand on the need to find an accomplice, er partner. If I did the threesome it would have to be 2 guys and me. If I'm going that far I want to be the center of attention. LOL
As for my own sub, yeah, that works too.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, you people are shocking! LOL Or probably just more outgoing than I am.

I don't have a bucket list. I'm pretty comfy where I am right now.

Great post Michelle, and interesting comments everyone!

~ Jamie

Jude Mason said...

Ohh rubbing hands together. Bucket List. I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard all about it and although I am extremely comfortable where I am, there are things I'd love to do before I leave this existance. I've visited pretty much everywhere on the westcoast of the continent, but I've never been to England or Europe and I'd truly love to. We don't have the centuries of history like those of you on that side of the world. The architecture and museums, even the pubs that were built centeries ago would have me gaping. The pyramids sound amazing, riding a camel to visit them, wow. Michelle, I'd join you on that trek to see where Darwin rests, what an experience that would be.

As for the sexual side of what I'd like to do just once, or twice... LOL, I guess I do have a list, but a short one. I've never been to a leather bar or a D/s club and I'd love to go and join in on whatever was going on. Dress me up in some sexy Dom outfit and turn me loose, please. Two guys in bed, and me the boss... yum! Oh hell, make that two of either sex and I'd be one very happy woman.

Methinks I'll stop now. After all, this is my blog, I need fuel for future posting. Hehehehe!

Michelle, thank you so much for joining me here. An awesome post and a lovely look into what makes Michelle Houston tick.

Hugs

Michelle Houston/Houston Michaels said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to comment. I was a lot of fun reading what you all have on your bucket list. : )

Evidently we need to get some group trip planning going on. LOL

Michelle