Tuesday, December 01, 2009

It's Tuesday and I'm not on OGG

It's Tuesday and my first week away from the Oh Get a Grip blog. It was a really great blog, still is for that matter, but I made the decision to resign my spot, which was the Tuesday spot. You know, it's always difficult to know what works in the way of promotions and what is a waste of time. Blogs seem to get noticed by Google, but does that really mean anything? They say Facebook is a good tool, but if you're not good at chatting it's very difficult to know what to do with it. The same goes for Twitter, possibly times ten.

So, here I am, it's Tuesday and I'm wondering about the topic on OGG. Don't be scared, it's just a genre, meaning, write something in the genre you've never tried and are terrified to do so. WTH! LOL

My first thought was historical, but I've actually done a couple of them. One, Of Death and Desire, has just been released and in my opinion is a super story. The cover is gorgeous on this book, Michelle Lee did an awesome job.

It's not simply a historical though, I guess I don't do single genre. This one is also m/m and paranormal. Yup, it's got a ghost. A very sexy and sad one, but it gets sorted out in the end. You'll see when you go buy the book.

Man was that an in your face, blatant promo. Ugh.

So, back to what I'd write if I had to. Well, there's chick lit. I'm not actually real sure what that is, so any pointers would be nice. When I do think of chick lit, I think of fluffy romance, and if I'm wrong please don't shoot me. I just write this stuff, labels are difficult. It wasn't all that long ago I couldn't believe it was up to me to figure out titles for the things I wrote.

Oh, speaking of wrote. I just put the finishing touches on a new story and sent it off to one of my newer publishers, Noble Romance. Rescue Me is going to hopefully be accepted into a science fiction anthology. Noble is a fairly new publishing company, but Jill, the owner, seems to be on the right track. She listens to her authors and works hard at keeping the standards up there. We'll see how it goes.

I've also just been told my newest with Total E-Bound, Stiff Trick has finished the editing process. This is the last one I work with Janice, one of the best editors I've had the pleasure of working with. She's got to take a hiatus for at least six months, so I do hope she'll be able to come back sometime next year.

Well, I guess for not knowing what I was going to write about, I managed to fill a page. What's on your plate right now, and are you looking forward to the holidays?


Hugs

No comments: