Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 2011 Newsletter teaser



I hope you've had a spectacular month. Mine has been busy, which is good, and productive, which is very good. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and I'll tell you all about it.

What you'll find in the full version:

What Jude's been up to
Coming soon
New Releases
Reviews
Contest Information
Where to find Jude
Guest Bloggers
Website updates
Hot Excerpt



What Jude's up to:

Hey everyone. By the time you are all reading this, hubby and I will be in the middle of the province of BC heading north. OMG! We're delivering a truck to a friend who's working in one of the small towns up there. Seems he's found a permanent job and needs his truck to get to it. At the moment, he's got his wife's small car. So, we volunteered to drive one vehicle up there and drive the other one back. He's paying for the gas, so it's a paid trip, sort of. Whoo hooo!!

It's really been an insane month here. Hubby is back from his three weeks away, and I'm so glad he is. Even being together for all these years, I miss him dreadfully when he's gone. Ya know, a few years ago, he went away and I had sooo much trouble sleeping. I even rolled out of bed one night. I was so used to him being on that side, I guess my body just didn't react to there being no one there. Yup, fell flat on the floor. Scared the liven bejeesus out of myself. I know put spare pillows on his side. LOL (Ya, go ahead and laugh!)

We've also just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. Course, I got some ugly sinus cold the day before, so was no fun at all for the day. We plan to do a little celebrating while we're away.

The animals are all doing fabulously well. We've got baby raccoons coming every day to visit and be silly. Our deer are all doing really well, too. Three fawns this year and they all survived, so far, and are growing like weeds. The bucks are beautiful. They've all got their antlers now and the velvet is gone. So, they're just beginning to challenge each other. The big boys are putting the younger bucks in their place. Course the young ones don't want to listen and the scrapping can get pretty intense. Next month, they'll be going into the rut and the fighting over who's the best and biggest will get more serious. They don't usually harm each other, but it's not unheard of for a stubborn young buck to get stuck with an antler. Yikes!

Now for my writing news. I'm really struggling right now and haven't gotten much done this month at all. I've decided to back off and to quit pushing myself with deadlines for a while. This might mean I don't have much coming out for the next while, but I'm hoping not for long. One of my nightmares has always been to wake up one morning and not be able to write.

It's not all bad news, though. Some of you old time readers might remember me writing for a fetish website called Darker Pleasures. It was a pretty intense place, and the genre was definitely not for the faint of heart. The owner of the site closed down submissions ages ago and I'd pretty much decided I'd never hear from him again. Well, low and behold, a few weeks ago I got an email from him. He's publishing all of the stories from the old site on Smashwords. He's given me and one or two of the other authors the opportunity to do some edits on our stuff before it goes up on the Smashwords site. I'm doing that for now, and finding out how badly I wrote a few years ago. OMG! It's not what I'd planned, but it's keeping me busy and working on the craft.

I hope you're all ready for the seasons to change. It will be fall here soon, the leaves have already begun to change and with the deer acting up, I know it's in the air.


That's about it. Oh, please remember, if you're entering my contest this month, or if you just happen to be the lucky winner of last month's contest, I won't be available to respond to your emails. I'll be away for about a week, from September 15th until 23rd. I may be back a bit early, I may find I can get online while I'm away, but I can't count on it. I will get in touch with any and all of you who enter the contest as soon as I possibly can. And, the winner of Augusts' contest will definitely receive her/his e-book if they contact me.

Wednesday Blog Guests

A while ago, I decided to invite guests to my blog every Wednesday and it's already turned into quite a show.

Aug. 3 - Annie Alvarez
Aug.10 - Nikki McCoy
Aug.17 - Connie Northrop
Aug.24 - Celine Chatillion
Aug.31 - Nichelle Gregory
Sept.7 - Karenna Colcroft
Sept.14 - Caitlin West
Sept 21 - Marc Jarrod
Oct. 5 - Justine Dark
Oct.12 - Amy Valenti

If you'd like to sign up for a date, I'd be thrilled to hear from you. I'm seriously looking for both authors and readers, as well as anyone who'd like to dive in for a little fun. You know the email address, but please do visit the BLOG and say hey to my guests.

Contest information:

Augusts' contest question was: When is Jazz scheduled to be published?
The winner of Augusts' contest is...Drum roll please:
 
 
Congratulations Bethann! Would you please email me at Jude_Mason@my-haven2001.com and let me know which of my backlist of ebooks you'd like.  If you're not sure what's on my backlist, here's where to find it:

Thanks so much for participating!

Where to find Jude
Website:
My Blog:
Twitter:
GLBT Bookshelf:
Infinite Possibilities:
Books We Love Spice:
The Romance Studio:
The Romance Studio Blue Blog:
http://trsblue.blogspot.com/
 
The Rainbow Studio Blog:
http://therainbowstudio.blogspot.com/ 
Total E-Bound blog: 
http://totalebound.blogspot.com/  (14th of every month)
*frequently felt blog:

I also attend publisher organized chats and will let you know about those as they happen. 

For the full version of the newsletter, please join my mailing list by filling out the form HERE or my newsletter group on Yahoo, HERE.
 
Hugs
Jude



No comments: